I Can is an intensive 8-week program which focuses on building resilience in young people who may be disengaging from school and/or home.
- Goal setting and personal strengths
- Exploring identity and social support networks
- Mental health and self care
- Dealing with anger and difficult emotions
- How to be resilient when life is tough
- Bullying and assertiveness
- Handling pressure from outside – body image, social media, marketing
- Resume writing and job skills
Students also make new friends and form positive identities in a new and different environment.
- 2 participants per school per term
- Boys term 1 and 3, Girls term 2 and 4
- 9am – 2:30pm on Thursdays
- 8 sessions, starting in week 2 of term
- Run onsite at Bridging The Gap in St Marys