Youth Program Coordinator, Permanent Part Time
Who are we looking for
Bridging the Gap is funded by the Department of Communities and Justice to deliver well-being programs for high school students.
Our programs are in high demand, and we are looking for an experienced Youth Program Coordinator who has the capacity to build strong relationships with young people and assess current needs specific to individual schools and deliver well-being programs.
Our aim is to equip young people with life skills, tap into their unique qualities, and build confidence. Our young people are affected by economic disadvantage and often experience poor education outcomes as a result of childhood trauma and disadvantage.
This part-time role, 3 days per week during school terms, is an excellent opportunity for someone who prefers to be free of commitments during school holidays. We are a family-focused organisation and support our staff with flexible working conditions.
Experience delivering well-being programs is welcomed, however, we will provide training in a range of programs.
Experience working in High Schools is beneficial. The person we seek is passionate about building confidence and resilience in young people.
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Youth Work, Social Work, Social Science, Teaching or Counselling
- Minimum 2 years experience working with young people
- Ability to engage young people, build relationships of trust and cooperation, and resolve conflict
- Experience in small group facilitation and classroom management
- Experience working in a strengths-based, solution-focused approach
- Current NSW or National Driver’s License and access to a registered vehicle.
- Strong organizational abilities
- IT savvy
About the employer
Bridging the Gap has a friendly, supportive work environment and offers generous salary packaging. The position is Permanent Part Time which includes pro rata annual and sick leave entitlements plus FBT tax benefits. Salary is based on SCHADS Award, Level 4-5, depending on experience.
Bridging the Gap is a Christian organisation that stays true to its Mission and Values. Employment is conditional upon verification of a valid Working with Children Check and Police Check.
Please send a cover letter briefly outlining how you meet the Essentials plus your Resume to Carole Tozer CEO, Bridging the Gap firstname.lastname@example.org