Who are we looking for
We are seeking a Youth Worker experienced in Small Group Facilitation, 3 days per week during school terms, who has a passion to work with young people and make a difference in their lives. The right person will have experience delivering a range of wellbeing programs like RAGE and Managing the Bull and will be trained in our own in-house programs.
Preference will be given to applicants who have at least 2 years youth work experience. Experience working in High Schools would be beneficial. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building confidence and resilience in young people.
- Minimum 2 years’ Youth Work experience
- Demonstrated ability to engage young people, build relationships of trust and cooperation, and resolve conflict
- Demonstrated experience in small group facilitation, classroom management, challenging behavior management
- Demonstrated experience working in a strengths-based, solution-focused approach
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Social Work, Social Science, Counselling or Theology
- Current NSW or National Driver’s Licence and access to a registered vehicle.
- Experience working with young people effected by Family Violence, Drug and Alcohol Misuse, Child Behavior Management, Learning Difficulties, Mental Health or Social Isolation
- Strong organizational abilities
- Strong computer and typing skills
Employment is conditional upon verification of a valid Working with Children Check and evidence of Police Criminal Record Check.
About the employer
Bridging the Gap Youth and Family Centre is a multi-disciplinary service with a long history of supporting young people 12-18 years.
BTG is a Christian organisation that stays true to these values. Applicants are encouraged to view our Mission and Vision statements.
Bridging the Gap is a community organisation located in St Marys, funded by Dept Community & Justice which offers a friendly, supportive work environment and offers generous salary packaging. Salary is paid in accordance with the SCHADS Award at Level 4, with the pay point to be determined based on experience.
- Supportive work environment
- Generous Salary Packaging options
- Mileage reimbursement
Please address both the Essential & Desirable criteria in your application and include a copy of your resume. Send to Carole Tozer, firstname.lastname@example.org and include Youth Development Worker in the subject line.
If you have a passion to work with young people, to build confidence and resilience and make a difference in their lives then we want to hear from you!
Applications are welcome until 5pm Tuesday 4 February 2020
If this sounds like your next opportunity, don’t delay, apply today!
Closing: 5pm Tuesday 4 February 2020.