Are you an experienced Youth Worker with a passion for developing confidence and resilience in young people?
- Be part of making a difference in the local community
- Work close to home – St Marys location
- Increase your take home pay with salary packaging
Bridging the Gap (BTG) is seeking a qualified and experienced professional to join their team in the role of Youth Development Worker.
BTG Youth and Family Centre is a multi-disciplinary service with a strong focus on supporting young people 12-18 years. An independent, not for profit, community organisation, BTG fosters a friendly, highly productive work environment. BTG is a Christian organisation whose staff adhere to the Mission and Values of the organisation. Applicants are encouraged to view this statement at www.btg.org.au
Does your personal mission statement align with that of BTG: “To serve and build hope in those who are abused, neglected, lonely, disadvantaged or hurting in our community. We aim to equip, empower and grow children, young people and families.” If so, read on…
Your new job…
The primary function of this role is to oversee and deliver youth resilience building programs focusing on young people at risk of disengaging from school and/or home.
Key responsibilities also include:
- Actively promote Youth Resilience programs to local schools
- Liaise with School Counsellors and Welfare Officers in local schools promoting strong partnerships
- Assessing program outcomes and collate data for annual funder reports
The role is Permanent Part Time at 22.5 hours pw over 3 days (Tues, Wed, Thurs) during the school term only and is linked to a ongoing funding contract. Salary will be paid in accordance with the NSW SCHADS Award and is classified at Level 4, with the pay point to be determined based on experience. The role is based in St Marys and will require some travel to schools throughout the local area. Use of a personal car may be required and mileage reimbursement as per the SCHADS Award is offered. Commencement will be in late January 2018.
What you’ll need to succeed…
You will be an experienced Group Facilitator, who has a passion to work with young people and make a difference in their lives. The right person will have experience delivering programs like RAGE and Managing the Bull and be passionate about building confidence and resilience in young people.
Preference will be given to applicants who have at least 2 years youth work experience. Experience working with High Schools would be beneficial. Training will be provided in BTG’s own in-house programs.
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Social Work, Social Science, Counselling
- Minimum 2 years’ Youth Work experience
- Demonstrated ability to engage young people, build relationships of trust and cooperation, and resolve conflict
- Demonstrated experience in group work facilitation, classroom & behaviour management
- Demonstrated experience working in a strengths-based, solution-focused approach
- Current NSW or National Driver’s Licence, and access to a registered vehicle
- Experience working with High Schools
- Experience working young people effected by Family Violence, Drug and Alcohol Misuse, Child Behaviour Management, Learning Difficulties or Mental Health and Social Isolation
- Strong organizational abilities
- Strong computer and typing skills
What you’ll get in return…
- Generous Salary Packaging Options
- Travel/Mileage reimbursement
- High level of role diversity
- Friendly, supportive work environment
What to do now…
Download the the Information Pack with the full Job Description and the complete the Application Form and Selection Criteria.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria or the selection criteria form along with your resume to Jobs@totalworkforceservices.com.au before the closing date.
Recruitment for this role is being managed by an external recruitment agency – Total Workforce Services.
For more information about the role please visit their website www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or contact Angela on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, don’t delay, apply today!
Closing date: COB (5pm) Thursday 14th December 2017
All applicants will be required to provide current clearance of a NSW Working with Children Check as well as a recent Police Check.